The Advantages of a Poker Tournament Fundraiser:
- Poker Tournaments Are A Proven Method of Fundraising
- Organizations have been using Poker Tournaments as successful fundraisers for many years.
- Easy To Plan
- Since the Casino Kings staff “runs” the party for you, your staff and Board of Directors can follow the basic steps outlined here to implement a successful event.
- Introduce New Friends to Your Organization
- Everyone enjoys a party – and the Poker Tournament provides an excellent way to bring people together. Your staff and Board of Directors can invite their friends and be assured that everyone will have a great time!
- Donations Are Easy To Solicit
- Donors like to give knowing you will build a larger amount from their gift. Gifts of services and merchandise are easier to solicit than cash donation.
Planning Your Poker Tournament:
- SET YOUR DATE EARLY
- We suggest you confirm your date ASAP in advance to allow adequate time for planning, gift solicitation, and ticket sales.
- MEET WITH US CASINO KINGS
- We will help you with every detail. We want you to be successful in your fundraising efforts and will suggest proven methods that will maximize donations.
- APPOINT COMMITTEES
- Ticket Sales/Promotion
- Table Sponsorship
- Auction, Raffle Prizes
- ESTABLISH A SCHEDULE, BUDGET AND GOALS
- Set goals and monitor progress for ticket sales, table sponsorship, and auction/raffle Prizes. Develop a budget in order to define expected costs.
- Ticket Sales/Promotion
- The first responsibility of this committee is to set a fundraising goal. Ticket prices and number of tickets to be sold should be determined by this goal.
- Prepare and print promotional flyer
- Prepare and print tickets
- Prepare and distribute press release
- Determine all possible ways for selling tickets
- Set goal number of tickets to be sold by each Board and Staff Member
- Monitor and push ticket sales
- Remember, Pre-sales are very important! Collect money immediately. Even if someone cannot attend, they can buy a ticket!
- NOTE – All promotional materials and tickets should refer to donations – not entry fees.
- Table/Game Sponsorship
- For table sponsorship, first look to your own Board of Directors. Your Directors (or the companies they represent) should find table sponsorship a great way to assure that their personal donation generates income for your group.
HOW TO DETERMINE TICKET PRICING
Ask the following questions:
- How much money do you want to make? = NET PROFIT
How many tickets can you sell for this event? = TICKETS
What is the total of all expenses? = EXPENSES
What is the total of my net profit plus all my expenses? = GROSS
NET PROFIT + EXPENSES = GROSS
GROSS / TICKETS = TICKET PRICE
We wish to raise $3500 from our event
Our intention is to sell 200 tickets
Our total expenses are $1500
$3500 + $1500 = $5000 (Gross)
$5000 / 200 tickets = $ 25 per ticket